Yesterday I met some Professor's and grad students at M.I.T and was reminded of the projects that I have worked on over the last ten years. My first metaphysical hip hop concept album under the moniker "T.W.D" touched on the works of composer Scriabin, Elijah Muhammad, as well as Theosophy and Nietsche. I was commissioned in 2005 to do an adaptation of Shakespeare's "Titus Andronicus" for a live off Broadway production. All of the scene with the Moor and the goth boys was translated into Shakespearean speech and delivered in the style of The Beastie Boys. And that same year I began my transliteration of Dante's "The Divine Comedy", completing his second book , "Purgatorio" in hip hop format.
Scholarly....yes.
Brief...no.

These meaty projects have fallen into the back of my mind with time. Talking with these gentleman from the "Linguistics and Philosophical" studies department reminded me that I need to make more of these specific works available and collaborate with others whose works are creative and similar in tone.

Meaty projects for the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's a "Shriner"?